Researchers Reinvestigates NSF and Gadolinium Dyes
Gadolinium is used during magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) as an image contrast agents. Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (NSF) and Nephrogenic Fibrosing Dermopathy (NFD) are linked to Gadolinium.
If you have been diagnosed with NSF or NFD after an MRI where Gadolinium was used, then you should seek counsel from an experienced attorney to ensure your rights are protected and to determine whether you have a claim for compensation. Your lawyer should understand NSF or NSD as well as lawsuits based on Gadolinium.
What MRI Drugs Contain Gadolinium?
Currently, there are five drugs that are on the market today and used for MRIs that contain Gadolinium. They are as follows:
- Omniscan™ by GE Healthcare
- OptiMARK by Mallinckrodt/Tyco Healthcare
- Magnevist by Bayer/Schering AG/Berlex
- ProHance by Bracco Diagnostics
- MultiHance by Bracco Diagnostics
What Are the Symptoms of Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (NSF)
There are many symptoms of Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (NSF), the more common symptoms include:
- Skin thickening, hardening or tightening
- High blood pressure
- Darkening patches of skin
- Burning or itching sensations
- Stiff joints, swelling of skin around joints, and difficulty in movement
- Deep pain in ribs or hip bones
- Muscle weakness
- Loss of mobility
- Kidney failure
- Renal problems
Please remember, there are time limitations in which you can bring a claim for Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (NSF) or Nephrogenic Fibrosing Dermopathy (NFD) from Gadolinium, so fill out our claim form for a Free Consultation an experienced lawyer!